Much of the earth’s surface is made up of water. Europe is also covered by many bodies of water and rivers. You can easily find out which are the ten longest rivers in Europe here!
10th place among the longest rivers in Europe: the Rhine
As one of the few masculine rivers, the Rhine ranks tenth among the longest rivers in Europe with a length of 1,233 km. The Rhine rises in Graubünden, a canton in Switzerland, and then flows into the North Sea on Dutch territory. The Rhine crosses a total of nine countries, the longest of which it covers in Germany.
9th place among the longest European rivers: The Dniester with 1,352 km
With a length of 1,352 km, the Dniester ranks 9th among the longest rivers in Europe. The Dniester rises in Ukraine and flows into the Black Sea after its total length. The river is navigable for a total of 500 km, but in winter a large area is frozen over.
8th place of the longest rivers in Europe: Belaja
The Belaja has a total length of 1,430 km and means something like “white river”. This white river has its source in the Urals and flows into the Nizhnekamsk reservoir.
7th place among the longest rivers in Europe: Oka
The Oka is a tributary of the Volga and has its source in the city of Oryol and is 1,480 km long. There are numerous sights and sacred buildings on the edge of the Oka.
6th place: The Pechora with 1,802 km
With a length of 1,802 km, the Pechora ranks sixth among the longest rivers in Europe. The Pechora rises north of the Urals and then flows into the Barents Sea. During 5 months of the year the river is navigable along its entire length, in the other 7 months it is completely iced over.
5th place among the longest European rivers: The Kama
The Kama is probably the largest and most important tributary of the Volga and has its source in the Kama Heights, more precisely in Udmurtia. With a length of 1,805 km, the Kama is the fifth longest river in Europe and then flows into the Kuibyshev reservoir.
4th place in Europe’s longest rivers: the Don
The Don rises around 150 kilometers south of Moscow and flows into the Sea of Azov after 1,870 km.
3rd place among the longest European rivers: The Dnepr
The Dnepr has a total length of 2,285 km and is navigable for a total of 1700 km. The Dnieper flows through Russia and has its source 200 km west of Moscow. The Dnepr flows into the Black Sea after 2,285 km.
2nd place among the longest rivers in Europe: the Danube
The Danube flows with a total length of 2,845 km through 10 countries and flows directly into the Black Sea. The Danube is one of the most important trade routes and is one of the few rivers that has no direct source.
And number 1 of the longest rivers in Europe: the Volga
With a length of 3,530 km, the Volga is the longest river in Europe. It flows into the Caspian Sea and is also one of the most important waterways in Russia.
- Attractions in Canary Islands, Spain May 10, 2022 - Tenerife: Candelaria worships Virgen de la Candelaria Candelaria, a town in the north-east of Tenerife by the sea, is the most important place of pilgrimage on the Canary Islands. On… Read more
- Mexico Culture May 3, 2022 - Mexico is a country of great cultural and historical diversity. Before the arrival of the Spanish, Mexico and its cultures had many customs and traditions that were celebrated at different… Read more
- Geography of Nigeria April 26, 2022 - General information about Nigeria The official name is the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Located in the western part of Africa. The area is 923.8 thousand km2, the population is 120… Read more
- Geography of Ukraine April 19, 2022 - Ukraine is washed by the Black Sea (area 422 thousand km2, average depth 1271 m) and the Sea of Azov. The Sea of Azov is the inland, shallowest sea in… Read more
- Main Attractions of Istanbul, Turkey April 12, 2022 - Sultanahmet - the historical district of Istanbul. The cape between the Golden Horn and the Sea of Marmara and the Sultanahmet Square pressing it to the water is the historical… Read more
- Attractions of Armenia April 5, 2022 - Sanahin - Haghpat Sanahin Monastery is a complex consisting of the Church of St. Astvatsatsin (Holy Mother of God), the Church of Amenaprkich, the chapel of St. Grigor (X century),… Read more
- Los Roques, Venezuela March 29, 2022 - Los Roques is an archipelago that is part of the South Antilles, located in the Caribbean Sea, 166 km north of the coast of Venezuela. This is one of the… Read more
- Viareggio and Forte dei Marmi, Italy March 22, 2022 - Viareggio Viareggio is one of the most famous resorts of the Tuscan Riviera, the oldest resort in the region, the cultural and historical center of Versilia. It is located on the… Read more
- Brooklyn, New York City March 15, 2022 - BROOKLYN - THE COLORFUL AND DIVERSE SIDE OF NEW YORK When you think of New York City today, the first thing that comes to mind is Manhattan. It almost seems… Read more
- Myanmar Population and Government March 8, 2022 - Population: 16,824,000 residents, Of which about three quarters Burmese, the rest populations of different lineages. Production: rice (5 million ha. And 70-80 million q. Per year), cotton (105,000 ha. And… Read more