Much of the earth’s surface is made up of water. Europe is also covered by many bodies of water and rivers. You can easily find out which are the ten longest rivers in Europe here!
10th place among the longest rivers in Europe: the Rhine
As one of the few masculine rivers, the Rhine ranks tenth among the longest rivers in Europe with a length of 1,233 km. The Rhine rises in Graubünden, a canton in Switzerland, and then flows into the North Sea on Dutch territory. The Rhine crosses a total of nine countries, the longest of which it covers in Germany.
9th place among the longest European rivers: The Dniester with 1,352 km
With a length of 1,352 km, the Dniester ranks 9th among the longest rivers in Europe. The Dniester rises in Ukraine and flows into the Black Sea after its total length. The river is navigable for a total of 500 km, but in winter a large area is frozen over.
8th place of the longest rivers in Europe: Belaja
The Belaja has a total length of 1,430 km and means something like “white river”. This white river has its source in the Urals and flows into the Nizhnekamsk reservoir.
7th place among the longest rivers in Europe: Oka
The Oka is a tributary of the Volga and has its source in the city of Oryol and is 1,480 km long. There are numerous sights and sacred buildings on the edge of the Oka.
6th place: The Pechora with 1,802 km
With a length of 1,802 km, the Pechora ranks sixth among the longest rivers in Europe. The Pechora rises north of the Urals and then flows into the Barents Sea. During 5 months of the year the river is navigable along its entire length, in the other 7 months it is completely iced over.
5th place among the longest European rivers: The Kama
The Kama is probably the largest and most important tributary of the Volga and has its source in the Kama Heights, more precisely in Udmurtia. With a length of 1,805 km, the Kama is the fifth longest river in Europe and then flows into the Kuibyshev reservoir.
4th place in Europe’s longest rivers: the Don
The Don rises around 150 kilometers south of Moscow and flows into the Sea of Azov after 1,870 km.
3rd place among the longest European rivers: The Dnepr
The Dnepr has a total length of 2,285 km and is navigable for a total of 1700 km. The Dnieper flows through Russia and has its source 200 km west of Moscow. The Dnepr flows into the Black Sea after 2,285 km.
2nd place among the longest rivers in Europe: the Danube
The Danube flows with a total length of 2,845 km through 10 countries and flows directly into the Black Sea. The Danube is one of the most important trade routes and is one of the few rivers that has no direct source.
And number 1 of the longest rivers in Europe: the Volga
With a length of 3,530 km, the Volga is the longest river in Europe. It flows into the Caspian Sea and is also one of the most important waterways in Russia.
- Hovenweep National Monument in Colorado June 28, 2022 - Settlement remains - Pueblo culture - the Native Americans Located in southwestern Colorado, right on the Utah state border, Hovenweep National Monument is an amalgamation of six ancient Native American… Read more
- Old Town San Diego June 21, 2022 - Old Town of San Diego (San Diego, USA) — description, history, location, reviews, photos and videos. It is the oldest of the San Diego neighborhoods and the site of the… Read more
- Museum of Modern Art in Chicago June 14, 2022 - Museum of Modern Art in Chicago (Chicago, USA) — expositions, opening hours, address, phone numbers, official website. According to iamaccepted, the Chicago Museum of Modern Art is a bold medley… Read more
- Albany, New York June 7, 2022 - Guide to Albany: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to go in the evening. Highlights of Albany: fresh reviews and photos, places to… Read more
- Tallahassee, Florida May 31, 2022 - Guide to Tallahassee: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to go in the evening. The most interesting in Tallahassee: fresh reviews and photos,… Read more
- Jacksonville, Florida May 24, 2022 - Guide to Jacksonville: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to go in the evening. Best things to do in Jacksonville: fresh reviews and… Read more
- Baton Rouge, Louisiana May 17, 2022 - Guide to Baton Rouge: how to get there and where to stay, what to see and where to go in the evening. Highlights of Baton Rouge: fresh reviews and photos,… Read more
- Attractions in Canary Islands, Spain May 10, 2022 - Tenerife: Candelaria worships Virgen de la Candelaria Candelaria, a town in the north-east of Tenerife by the sea, is the most important place of pilgrimage on the Canary Islands. On… Read more
- Mexico Culture May 3, 2022 - Mexico is a country of great cultural and historical diversity. Before the arrival of the Spanish, Mexico and its cultures had many customs and traditions that were celebrated at different… Read more
- Geography of Nigeria April 26, 2022 - General information about Nigeria The official name is the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Located in the western part of Africa. The area is 923.8 thousand km2, the population is 120… Read more