Much of the earth’s surface is made up of water. Europe is also covered by many bodies of water and rivers. You can easily find out which are the ten longest rivers in Europe here!
10th place among the longest rivers in Europe: the Rhine
As one of the few masculine rivers, the Rhine ranks tenth among the longest rivers in Europe with a length of 1,233 km. The Rhine rises in Graubünden, a canton in Switzerland, and then flows into the North Sea on Dutch territory. The Rhine crosses a total of nine countries, the longest of which it covers in Germany.
9th place among the longest European rivers: The Dniester with 1,352 km
With a length of 1,352 km, the Dniester ranks 9th among the longest rivers in Europe. The Dniester rises in Ukraine and flows into the Black Sea after its total length. The river is navigable for a total of 500 km, but in winter a large area is frozen over.
8th place of the longest rivers in Europe: Belaja
The Belaja has a total length of 1,430 km and means something like “white river”. This white river has its source in the Urals and flows into the Nizhnekamsk reservoir.
7th place among the longest rivers in Europe: Oka
The Oka is a tributary of the Volga and has its source in the city of Oryol and is 1,480 km long. There are numerous sights and sacred buildings on the edge of the Oka.
6th place: The Pechora with 1,802 km
With a length of 1,802 km, the Pechora ranks sixth among the longest rivers in Europe. The Pechora rises north of the Urals and then flows into the Barents Sea. During 5 months of the year the river is navigable along its entire length, in the other 7 months it is completely iced over.
5th place among the longest European rivers: The Kama
The Kama is probably the largest and most important tributary of the Volga and has its source in the Kama Heights, more precisely in Udmurtia. With a length of 1,805 km, the Kama is the fifth longest river in Europe and then flows into the Kuibyshev reservoir.
4th place in Europe’s longest rivers: the Don
The Don rises around 150 kilometers south of Moscow and flows into the Sea of Azov after 1,870 km.
3rd place among the longest European rivers: The Dnepr
The Dnepr has a total length of 2,285 km and is navigable for a total of 1700 km. The Dnieper flows through Russia and has its source 200 km west of Moscow. The Dnepr flows into the Black Sea after 2,285 km.
2nd place among the longest rivers in Europe: the Danube
The Danube flows with a total length of 2,845 km through 10 countries and flows directly into the Black Sea. The Danube is one of the most important trade routes and is one of the few rivers that has no direct source.
And number 1 of the longest rivers in Europe: the Volga
With a length of 3,530 km, the Volga is the longest river in Europe. It flows into the Caspian Sea and is also one of the most important waterways in Russia.
- Mansfield, Massachusetts September 26, 2023 - According to wholevehicles, Mansfield is a town located in Bristol County, Massachusetts, United States. It is situated approximately 24 miles south of Boston and 20 miles north of Providence, Rhode… Read more
- Manomet, Massachusetts September 19, 2023 - According to mcat-test-centers, Manomet is a small village located in the town of Plymouth, Massachusetts. Situated on the southern coast of Cape Cod Bay, Manomet is known for its scenic… Read more
- Manchester, Massachusetts September 12, 2023 - Located on the scenic North Shore of Massachusetts, according to liuxers, the town of Manchester is a picturesque coastal community that offers a unique blend of natural beauty, historic charm,… Read more
- Manchaug, Massachusetts September 5, 2023 - According to maternityetchic, Manchaug is a small village located in the town of Sutton, Massachusetts. Situated in Worcester County, this picturesque village is known for its natural beauty and charming… Read more
- Leeds, Massachusetts August 29, 2023 - According to iamaccepted, Leeds, Massachusetts is a picturesque town located in Hampshire County, in the western part of the state. Situated in the Pioneer Valley region, Leeds is known for… Read more
- Lawrence, Massachusetts August 22, 2023 - According to ehuacom, Lawrence, Massachusetts, located in Essex County, is a city with a rich history and diverse geography. Situated on the banks of the Merrimack River, Lawrence encompasses an… Read more
- Lee, Massachusetts August 22, 2023 - According to existingcountries, Lee, Massachusetts is a small town located in Berkshire County in the western part of the state. It is nestled in the picturesque Berkshire Mountains, offering residents… Read more
- Lake Pleasant, Massachusetts August 15, 2023 - According to educationvv, Lake Pleasant is a picturesque body of water located in the town of Montague, Massachusetts. Situated in Franklin County, this charming lake spans an area of approximately… Read more
- Kingston, Massachusetts August 8, 2023 - Located in Plymouth County, Massachusetts, according to anycountyprivateschools, Kingston is a charming town with a rich history and scenic landscapes. Nestled on the South Shore of Massachusetts, Kingston spans approximately… Read more
- Jefferson, Massachusetts August 1, 2023 - Located in Worcester County, Massachusetts, according to andyeducation, Jefferson is a picturesque town with a rich history and diverse geography. Situated in the heart of New England, it offers residents… Read more