The Ten Longest Rivers in Europe
Much of the earth’s surface is made up of water. Europe is also covered by many bodies of water and rivers. You can easily find out which are the ten longest rivers in Europe here!
10th place among the longest rivers in Europe: the Rhine
As one of the few masculine rivers, the Rhine ranks tenth among the longest rivers in Europe with a length of 1,233 km. The Rhine rises in Graubünden, a canton in Switzerland, and then flows into the North Sea on Dutch territory. The Rhine crosses a total of nine countries, the longest of which it covers in Germany.
9th place among the longest European rivers: The Dniester with 1,352 km
With a length of 1,352 km, the Dniester ranks 9th among the longest rivers in Europe. The Dniester rises in Ukraine and flows into the Black Sea after its total length. The river is navigable for a total of 500 km, but in winter a large area is frozen over.
8th place of the longest rivers in Europe: Belaja
The Belaja has a total length of 1,430 km and means something like “white river”. This white river has its source in the Urals and flows into the Nizhnekamsk reservoir.
7th place among the longest rivers in Europe: Oka
The Oka is a tributary of the Volga and has its source in the city of Oryol and is 1,480 km long. There are numerous sights and sacred buildings on the edge of the Oka.
6th place: The Pechora with 1,802 km
With a length of 1,802 km, the Pechora ranks sixth among the longest rivers in Europe. The Pechora rises north of the Urals and then flows into the Barents Sea. During 5 months of the year the river is navigable along its entire length, in the other 7 months it is completely iced over.
5th place among the longest European rivers: The Kama
The Kama is probably the largest and most important tributary of the Volga and has its source in the Kama Heights, more precisely in Udmurtia. With a length of 1,805 km, the Kama is the fifth longest river in Europe and then flows into the Kuibyshev reservoir.
4th place in Europe’s longest rivers: the Don
The Don rises around 150 kilometers south of Moscow and flows into the Sea of Azov after 1,870 km.
3rd place among the longest European rivers: The Dnepr
The Dnepr has a total length of 2,285 km and is navigable for a total of 1700 km. The Dnieper flows through Russia and has its source 200 km west of Moscow. The Dnepr flows into the Black Sea after 2,285 km.
2nd place among the longest rivers in Europe: the Danube
The Danube flows with a total length of 2,845 km through 10 countries and flows directly into the Black Sea. The Danube is one of the most important trade routes and is one of the few rivers that has no direct source.
And number 1 of the longest rivers in Europe: the Volga
With a length of 3,530 km, the Volga is the longest river in Europe. It flows into the Caspian Sea and is also one of the most important waterways in Russia.
- Africa Flora and Fauna
- African History From 15th to 19th Century
- Asia Climate
- Beach Holiday in Europe
- Caribbean Geography
- Economy of Western Europe
- Little Lithuania
- New York The Big Apple
- New Zealand Travel Package
- Poor Cambodia a Rich Tourist Destination
- Slovenia a Diverse Destination for Active Holidaymakers
- The Best of Cambodia
- Zambia Travel Package
- Acadia Parish, Louisiana March 27, 2023 - Acadia Parish, Louisiana is located in the south central region of the state and is bordered by St. Landry Parish to the north, Evangeline Parish to the east, Lafayette Parish… Read more
- Falkville, Alabama March 12, 2023 - Falkville is a small town located in Morgan County, Alabama. It has a population of just over 1,500 people. The geography of Falkville is typical of the region with rolling… Read more
- Fayette, Alabama March 11, 2023 - Fayette, Alabama is a small town located in the northwest corner of the state. The population of Fayette is estimated to be around 3,700 people. The geography of Fayette is… Read more
- Strasburg, Virginia March 7, 2023 - According to homethodology, Strasburg, Virginia is a small city located in the Shenandoah Valley region of the state. With a population of 6,398 according to the 2020 Census, Strasburg is… Read more
- French Settlement, Louisiana February 28, 2023 - According to homethodology, French Settlement is located in Livingston Parish, Louisiana and has a population of approximately 3,000 people. It lies along the Amite River and is located about 40… Read more
- Levi, Finland February 7, 2023 - According to liuxers.com, resort Levi is located in the western part of Lapland, 160 km north of the Arctic Circle. Levi, already three times recognized as the best ski resort… Read more
- Beirut, Lebanon January 31, 2023 - The "Paris of the Middle East", colorful Beirut, without the slightest exaggeration, can be called a city of contrasts at the junction of East and West. The free-spirited and democratic… Read more
- Naples, Italy December 13, 2022 - According to wholevehicles.com, Naples has a dubious reputation as the dirtiest and most thieving city in Italy. But at the same time, it is one of the most beautiful cities… Read more
- John Kilpatrick Turnpike and Kickapoo Turnpike, Oklahoma December 6, 2022 - John Kilpatrick Turnpike Kilpatrick Turnpike Begin Edmond End Oklahoma City Length 32 mi Length 52 km Route → OKC Airport Morgan Road 29th Street / Sara Road 15th Street →… Read more
- How to Get to Haifa, Israel November 29, 2022 - Aeroflot and El Al airlines fly from Moscow Sheremetyevo to Israel. Arrival - at the capital's Ben Gurion Airport, flight time - 4 hours, ticket costs from 400 USD. A… Read more